National Voluntary Blood Donation Day 2019 – Event organized & supported by Shadow Advertising & Communications
Every Year 1st October is celebrated as the “National Voluntary Blood Donation Day” in our Country. The celebration of such special days raises awareness of community at large to the prevailing needs of blood and blood products in the society. National days sensitize the population and by increasing regular voluntary non-remunerated blood donation help to meet the safe blood requirements in the country. In the current scenario, an adequate supply of safe blood is not available, and blood services face the challenge of making sufficient blood available, while also ensuring its quality and safety.
Observation of National Voluntary Blood Donation Day in our country started on 1st October 1975, under the initiative of Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohaematology (established on 22nd October 1971) with the guidance of Mrs. K. Swaroop Krishen ( a well-known social worker in the field of voluntary blood donation movement in India) and Dr. J. G. Jolly, the then in charge of Blood Bank, P.G.I. Chandigarh. Since then, the 1st October of each year is being observed throughout the country as the National Voluntary Blood Donation Day with different themes. This year we are observing the National Voluntary Blood Donation Day with the theme “Happiness is Donating Blood”.
- Mass Rally from Ekamra Hatt to Jaydev Bhawan on 1st October 2019 (Morning) for Promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation movement.
- National Blood donation day programme at Jaydev Bhawan.
- Arrival of Hon’ble Chief Guest and Guest Of honour.
- Inauguration of Voluntary Blood Donation Camp at Jaydev Bhawan
- Lighting of Lamp By the Chief guest & Welcome Song
- Inaugural Session
- Key Note addressed By Chief Guests
- Prize distribution to Blood Banks, Educational institutions, and different social organization.
- Cultural Programme and Vote of Thanks by Director, SBTC.
- Awareness Campaign (Street Play & Van Campaign)